Punjab World Wide
The major city in Punjab are
,Amritsar , Jalandhar, Chandigarh, Ludhiana and
- Avoid drinking water from an unknown source. When in doubt ask
for "Bisleri" mineral water. As a further precaution bring water
- There are some areas in India where malaria is still prevalent.
Prior to your departure, get a prescription from your doctor for
some anti malarial tablets.
- Do remember to bring some insect repellent, mosquito coils or
even an electronic repellent. Mosquitoes in India can be fierce.
- Cows are considered sacred in India, so when you are driving in
India do not hit one.
- Avoid foods which have been laid out in the open, avoid sweets
and candies from local markets.
- Wash fruits before eating them.
- Do carry sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat.
- Ask permission before taking any photographs, if possible try to
carry a Polaroid instant camera. Indians loved to be photographed.
You can earn a lot of cooperation and friendship.
- Always respect religious shrines and places of worship. Some
places require visitors to observe a decent dress code. Take care
not to violate any taboos in a mosque or a temple.
- Change currency only from Thomas Cook Exchange Bureaus or
official moneychangers. Remember to retain the Currency Exchange
receipts after each transaction. You will need them for re-exchange
- Photography is prohibited in places of military importance,
railway stations, bridges, airports and military installations.
:Infopunjab, the Infopunjab Logo, and related marks are trademarks
of Infopunjab, Inc.© 2000InfoPunjab, Inc. All rights
reserved. The information on our site is subject to change anytime and
we can't warranty/guaranty Infopunjab Inc shall not be liable for any
errors or delays or for any action taken in reliance on the content.